It may be easy to think that all bugs are alike and can be eliminated in the same manner. A trip down the pesticide aisle of your local home improvement store seems to convey the same message. The truth is that insects may have many similarities, but each one is distinct and requires different handling.
Fight off wood-boring pests with a free termite inspection for your Fremont home when you contact Times Up Termite, Inc. Our licensed professionals arrive at your home or place of business ready to look things over and design a plan to rid your abode of these bugs. Stop further damage and call us today.
Different Bugs Require Different Treatment Methods
Before you grab a familiar brand off the store shelf, it pays to know what type of insect you are up against. Here are the main differences between carpenter ants and termites requiring specialized treatments:
- Carpenter Ants: The ant’s body consists of a head, thorax, and abdomen. Their waist is pinched. They have two sets of wings that are only slightly longer than their body, and different sizes. You will find a variety of colors, including red, black, yellow, orange, or brown. They tend to swarm year-round.
- Termites: These bugs only have a head and abdomen, which is straight, not pinched. Both sets of their wings are the same size and extend well beyond their bodies. In general, termites are brown in color with minimal variation. They swarm only in the spring.
Habitat and Food Base:
- Carpenter ants love to chow down on wood, but it is not for sustenance. Instead, they use it for shelter and nests.
- Termites eat up wood and cellulose-containing items 24/7. They will chew on mural wallpaper, furniture, clothing, cardboard, and books.
- Both pests thrive in wet environments.
- Using an over-the-counter spray or liquid insecticide for ants will not rid your home of them.
- To fully exterminate the carpenter ant, a professional should come in, find the nest, and then use the proper chemicals or removal methods.
- For termites, it is a matter of an expert seeking out the mud tubes that seal the entrance to their colony. Once found, bait can be left outside the enclosure.
Hire the Times Up Termite Experts to Conduct a Termite Inspection for Your Fremont Home
Trust the experience of an expert to accurately discern the type of home invaders you have. The professionals at Times Up Termite know how to find your home wreckers during a termite inspection and effectively eradicate them. We are also trained in many different options to eliminate pests. One such pesticide that is an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide is called Altriset. It is a better choice for your home if you have children or someone is pregnant. Call us today and enjoy the peace of mind that your home is in good hands.
Give us a call at 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection.