In the world of home destroying bugs, it pays to be proactive. You may hear the term Integrated Pest Management (IPM) on occasion, especially if you suspect an infestation, and you are researching to rid your home of it. According to the EPA, the idea is to use comprehensive information about a pest’s life cycle and its interaction with the environment and combine it with available pest control methods. Ultimately, using this information is then used to manage any damage economically while still being less hazardous to people, property, and the environment.
Take the first step in IPM with a free termite inspection of your Union City home when you call Times Up Termite. We come in and assess the situation. Then we establish a custom-designed plan to control and eliminate termites to help protect your home. We have the right tools and experience to get the job done with the least amount of impact.
A Comprehensive Approach to Pest Control
Saving the environment and ridding your house of bugs like termites is possible when following IPM. Here are a few items to keep in mind:
- Use Non-Cellulose Building Materials: When building a new home or addition, look for building materials that are cellulose-free. In essence, it removes a termite’s food source from the equation.
- Use Termite Barriers: Talk to your general contractor about utilizing termite barriers to thwart the bug’s advances on your property.
- Schedule Regular Termite Inspections: A trained professional knows what to look for, such as mud tubes and discarded wings. They have the specialty tools to uncover possible trouble spots. They can also tell you what kind of species you are dealing with.
- Identify and Correct Area of Moisture: Subterranean termites love wet areas. Make sure your gutters and drains are clear of debris, so water can run out. Also, look for signs that water is building up around your foundation and work to eliminate that.
- Plan on a Variety of Treatments to be Used: Termite management is a process that requires a variety of remediation methods and treatments. Termiticides include liquids and baits used in combination.
- Termites Require Different Methods than Other Pests: There is not a one-size-fits-all way to get rid of all pests. Rats, ants, bed bugs, and mosquitoes require a different plan of attack over termites.
Start Your IPM with Free Termite Inspection for Your Union City Home
The best defense is a well-thought-out offense, and the team from Times Up Termite is in the game all the way to help protect your home. We offer free termite inspections with ongoing assistance to mitigate the damage to your home and keep the pests at bay. We use a variety of options customized to your situation, including an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide called Altriset. It is as a better choice for your home if you have children or pets, or someone is pregnant. Keep your house bug-free with our assistance.