You have probably heard of the term “swarmers.” It refers to those termites that are capable of reproducing. They come out in spring looking for a new place in which to build a colony. When you see that, you know there is trouble coming because it is only the beginning. Yes, that’s right. Even though you vacuumed up the wings and frass, your problems are far from over. Once the honeymoon is over, the pair of mating bugs will increase in number, and soon, their worker termites will start chewing through your beloved home.
Start the summer off termite-free when you call in the experts at Times Up Termite. Our licensed professionals will inspect your structures, locate any infestation, and quickly apply the appropriate termite treatment. Soon you will be back to enjoying your Freemont area home with your loved ones.
Why Termites Love Summer
Who doesn’t love this time of year when flowers are in full bloom? Wood-chewing bugs sure do and here is why:
- Termites love the warmth of summer. These wood-borers are active all-year-long, but they really ramp up their chewing activities during the heat of the summer. They are also night-owls, choosing to eat away at night and during rainy cycles.
- The swarmers have landed and started setting up their colony. Spring is the time for love across the animal kingdom, and termites are no exception. The reproductive bugs, called swarmers, have wings to take flight in search of a new location to set up home. Once that is accomplished, worker termites take over and eat away your precious home.
How to Make Your Summer Termite Free
Take these proactive steps to start your summer termite-free:
- Look for signs for infestation. Keep your eye out for discarded wings, mud tubes in crawlspaces, and along your foundation. Also, watch for termite droppings that look like sawdust.
- Remove piles of wood from around your home. Don’t give the pests extra motive by having mulch or woodpiles stacked against your house. It is like placing a huge neon sign up that says, “Eat at Joe’s.” The only thing is – your home is the diner!
- Call in a pest control company to inspect and apply termite treatment. Without a trained eye, you may overlook signs of an infestation. The professionals at Times Up Termite have the knowledge and expertise to find those hidden areas the bugs like.
Enjoy a Bugless Summer with Help from Times Up Termite
Stop these pests before they destroy your home and your summer. Reach out to the team at Times Up Termite for effective treatments, including pesticides like Altriset. It is an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide, and it is the better choice for homes with children, pets, or a pregnant mom. Contact us today and enjoy a termite-free summer.
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection.