If you know anything about the animal kingdom, you know that reproduction usually occurs in the springtime. Well, at least that is what we like to think. That particular time of year is all about the rebirth of trees and flowers. It’s different if you are a termite. While most species do swarm in the spring, there is no specific time of the year where your home or office building is safe from these wood-eating pests.
Fight these pests by enlisting the services of Times Up Termite. Our licensed and experienced team knows your enemy and we have the resources available to thwart their 24/7 eating. Start with a free termite inspection of your San Mateo home. Then, let us establish a line of attack to rid your house and family of the destruction that ensues with an infestation.
It Pays to Know Your Enemy to Save Your House
Believe it or not, termites never stop eating or looking for new places to build a colony. You can combat most of their efforts when you have your structures inspected. It is also vital to better understand your enemy:
- Spring is a popular time for swarming. Yes, of the 45 species of termites located in the United States, most subterranean bugs do their swarming in the spring and summer months. They look for the perfect warm day, with a calm wind, and after a rainfall. The subterranean species are much larger than others, so you are more likely to notice an infestation in the spring.
- Fall offers a favorable time to swarm for other species. Depending on the desired atmospheric precursors, some of these wood chewing bugs love fall for their colonizing and mating—for example, the light Southern subterranean termite swarms in the late morning from August to November.
Prevent Termites, No Matter the Season!
It does not matter where you live, San Mateo, California, or Pensacola, Florida. Termites will cause billions of dollars of damage, but there are many things you can do to prevent an infestation from occurring in your home or office building, including:
- Keep an eye on areas where moisture collects, such as pipes, gutters, downspouts, air conditioning units, and fix any leaks.
- Apply caulking around utility lines and pipes.
- Remove wood, especially rotten stuff, and debris near structures.
- Pull wood mulch away from the foundation.
- Have regular inspections and treatments from a professional.
Keep Termites Away All Year Long – Trust the Experts at Times Up Termite
Don’t make the mistake of assuming that termites are only active in the spring. Fall, winter, and summer are less popular seasons for these pests, but they will still cause much damage. Depend on Times Up Termite to come in with a free termite inspection for your San Mateo property. We will then tailor a plan to ensure the bugs stay far away from your house or other structures. We utilize many different options, including Altriset, an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide. If you have children, pets, or a pregnant mom about, talk to us about this choice; we’re happy to help!
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection.