Did you see some flying ants around your roof this spring as you walked around your property? You might want to take a second look as it may be another insect invading your house. That is, you may have seen a swarming termite. Because they quietly go about their business of munching and destroying structures, they are not always recognized. When they are, it can mean thousands of dollars to rid your home of them, and that is no guarantee that they won’t come back.
Don’t avoid addressing a potential infestation. Contact the experts at Times Up Termites for a free termite inspection of your Union City home. Our team is highly-trained to seek out and destroy these bugs, keeping you and your family safe. We will work with you to develop a regular plan for inspections and applications so that you can rest easier.
What You Need to Know about Termites
Termites are Mother Nature’s cleaners in the wild. You just don’t want them “cleaning” your home of its structural integrity by eating it. Here are a few things you need to know about these wood-boring pests:
- They are found in every state except Alaska. If there was ever a reason to move to Alaska, it would be to avoid termites. (We won’t mention the tradeoff is black flies and mosquitoes.) Yes, the cellulose chewing bugs are in all 48 contiguous states, plus Hawaii. They eat 24/7, and once they enter a structure, they do not leave willingly.
- They will spread. These minuscule buggers are equal opportunity munchers. Did your neighbor discover they had termites? You may have them too. For example, subterranean termites live in the ground and dig tunnels to find and access food. Swarmers fly to new areas, and some hop a ride on a piece of lumber that is moved from one place to the next.
- They leave clues to let you know they are there. Remember the little bits of sawdust on the window sill? If you were not working on a wood project, then that was not sawdust. It could have been droppings from termites. Look at your walls. Do you see bubbling or discoloration? Do you hear hollow sounds when you tap on your walls? You may want to invite a pest control expert in for an inspection.
- They cost homeowners and business owners billions each year in damage. The wood these insects chew, damages structures and causes costly repairs. Let’s say your beautiful deck suffers damage. You may see a bill from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars. This happens year after year across the U.S.
- There are many species, with some being more aggressive than others.The most common tend to be the Subterranean, Dampwood, and Drywood. There are also aggressive Formosan and Coneheads. In all, there are about 2,000 known species in the world.
Stop the Infestation with a Free Termite Inspection from Times Up Termite
You can eradicate the infestation by calling upon the services of Times Up Termite. We know what we are looking for and will use a variety of options customized for your unique situation. We offer an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide called Altriset. This is a better choice for homes with children, pets, or those who are pregnant. Give us a call and get your home bug free once again.
Give us a call at 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc.You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection.