When it comes to ridding your home of pesky termites, you have a few options. Deciding the best course of action depends on many factors. For example, you may not use the same methods to treat dry wood termites as you would subterranean. Each invades a different area of your home and has slightly different requirements for survival. How do you know what will work best? Should you try to eliminate the wood-destroying insects yourself?
Don’t put your family and home at risk because you think the DIY route is feasible. Termites are crafty creatures that can invade and create much destruction before you even notice they are there. Instead, trust the professionals at Times Up Termite with a full-service termite inspection in the Hayward area. They have the knowledge and expertise to identify the type of pest and where they are invading your house. Sleep better tonight knowing you have an ace in your pocket with Times Up Termite.
3 Main Methods of Termite Treatment
After a termite inspection of your Hayward home has been completed, you will be presented with options to eradicate and treat these pests. They are summed up in three main methods:
- Soil: This method is utilised for subterranean termites and includes digging a trench around your foundation. Then, a termiticide is applied to the soil, and the trench is refilled. Think of it like a moat protecting your castle. By treating the soil, you are thwarting future infestations and killing any bugs returning to their nest in the ground from your home.
- Wood: The wood in your home is treated with different options such as surface sprays, injected sprays and foams, or Borate treated wood. Surface sprays are primarily utilised when a home is under construction. Injections and foams are used after your home is built. Borate is used for both preventing future infestations and eliminating existing bugs.
- Bait: Your Times Up Termite professional may suggest using bait stations. They are installed around the perimeter of your home. Then we will check the stations regularly to monitor the progress of eliminating a colony and keeping new ones from forming. Termites will eat the bait and share it with others in the colony.
Common Treatments for Specific Types of Termites
Not all treatments will affect these wood-boring pests the same. Here are the most common treatment options for dry wood and subterranean species:
- Drywood: Most often localized treatments, or spot treatments, will be used for isolated infestations. Other times, fumigation may be utilized to reach 100% of your home. It is perfect for those times when an infestation is hidden.
- Subterranean: Your licensed professional may treat subterranean termites with a direct application under the soil around your home, including a bait system. They can also use localized treatments as necessary.
Work with a Trusted Termite Control Company – Choose Times Up Termite
Gain peace of mind when you choose to work with a dependable pest control company like Times Up Termite. Our team will conduct a thorough, free termite inspection and establish a treatment plan to eliminate any bugs found. With all of the options, you can even choose the eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide, Altriset. It is an excellent choice if you have children, pets, or pregnant moms in your house. We are happy to explain more when you call us.