The New Year means new beginnings. We often default to resolutions to read more books, get more exercise, or lose weight. Few of us sit back and think, “This year, I resolve to get rid of termites!” Yet, that may be precisely what you need to do. These wood-boring bugs cause billions of dollars in damage each year in the United States. They can put quite the kibosh on reaching your New Year’s goals if you have to funnel money into repairs. Why not add a bug-free home to your New Year’s resolutions? A termite inspection of your Union City home is the first step to a termite-free home.
Termite Treatment Basics
Once you have an inspection completed, your technician will provide you with a list of findings, including treatment options. If you have never had your home treated, here are some of the basics aimed at giving you a bug-free house:
- Inspection Costs: The cost for the inspection depends mainly on the size of the home. The larger the home the more it costs due to the time it takes to inspect the home. Basic cost for an inspection in Northern California can be approximately $345.00 and It is best to do some price checking as those costs can vary widely from company to company. Many companies, including Times Up Termite, Inc. are happy to arrange a free limited inspection.
- Treatment Costs: The cost for treatment is based on several factors, such as the size of the area to be treated, access issues, and if drilling through concrete is required. Additionally, the type of treatment will dictate cost as well. (Fumigations, localized treatments, foam applications and use of reduced risk pesticides).
- Types of Treatments: A knowledgeable technician will understand the best types of treatment for your specific infestation. Another factor affecting treatment is how severe the infestation is. Some common treatments include:
- Liquid Chemical Applications – Applied to the soil, injected under concrete slabs, etc.
- Termite Bait Stations– Used for Subterranean termite infestations. Often used when the infestation hasn’t reached your home and to reduce chemical applications into the soil.
- Foam Applications – Used mainly for treating inside homes and areas where liquid treatments are not practical. Foam applications are mostly used for smaller Drywood termite infestations.
- Fumigation – Used when localized treating for Drywood Termites and Wood Destroying Beetles will not adequately control a larger infestation.
Signs You May Have Termites
A professional will be able to tell you for sure if you have an infestation, but some signs suggest you may have these unwanted guests:
- Bubbling paint
- Hollow-sounding walls
- Mushy floors
- Yellowed and peeling wallpaper
- Drywood termite pellets – Can look like sand or salt and pepper piling up in infested areas
- Frass – sawdust-looking waste from Wood Destroying Beetles, etc.
- Termite Alates (Swarming Drywood or Subterranean termites) in or around the home. Most often you will see large amounts of termite wings.
- Migration tubes (Mud tubes) coming up from the ground or through wood and drywall in the home.
Eliminate Termites with a Free Inspection from Times Up Termite
There is only one way to know if termites have taken over your home. Request a timely termite inspection by the trained technicians at Times Up Termite. Our team will come to your location and thoroughly investigate your crawl space, interior, and exterior of your home. Then we will provide you with different treatment options, including the eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide, Altriset. It is a good choice for Union City homes with children, pets, pregnant moms. We will answer all your questions and then get to work based on your preferences. Contact us today to get your free inspection.
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection in Union City.