Do you play Hide and Seek with your children or grandchildren? They run into another room and hide while you count and then try to find them. It’s a fun game for humans. There is nothing fun about the game when the one’s hiding are termites. These wood-boring bugs love to hide in your floor joists and rafters. The problem is these pests are extremely skilled at covering their tracks and staying hidden. When they are ultimately found, they have likely caused thousands of dollars in damage. The proper termite treatment by an experienced company in San Mateo is the best choice for a pest-free home.
7 Main Hiding Places of Termites on Your Property
When you understand where they hang out, you can beat termites at their hiding game. Here are seven areas you are likely to find wood-eating bugs. Make no mistake; they will take advantage of each of these areas:
- Attics: Drywood termites love to enter your home from the top and eat their way down. That makes your wooden-framed attic an ideal hiding spot. Even if you do not have an attic, they may hide out underneath your home’s eaves.
- Pergolas and Decks: You may love having your morning coffee out on your wooden decks. You may not realize that you are not alone and that termites are sneaking in to eat through untreated wood.
- Woodpiles and Downed Trees Outside: If you have woodpiles scattered around your property, you probably have some bugs eating them. Additionally, termites love decaying limbs and tree trunks. It’s a good idea to clean the piles up and ensure they are far from your foundation.
- Basements: Your basement is a wood-boring pest’s oasis. These areas shelter wooden joists and support posts. They have easy access to your subfloor and beyond as they chew through your floor joists.
- Crawlspaces: Many homes without basements have crawl spaces instead. The concept is still the same – a protected area with easy access to joists and posts. It’s a moist and tasty place for these minuscule home wreckers.
- Furniture: Remember Great Aunt Fran’s buffet? Every Thanksgiving, the family would grab treats off the well-laid out spread on it. It could become a treat for any wood chewers lurking in your home now that you have it.
- Pipes: Now, pipes are not generally made of wood, but they make a terrific highway for termites to travel along to find the wood within your home.
Conquer Termites with Quality Treatments from Times Up Termite
Stop playing games and get your San Mateo home protected. Look to Times Up Termite for reliable termite treatments. We offer many options, including the eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide, Altriset. This choice is particularly good for homes with pregnant moms, children, and pets. We recommend Trelona by BASF as a bait station solution. Both work hard to make your house and property termite-free. Be proactive in protecting your home by scheduling regular inspections. Call us today for more information.
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection in San Mateo.