Each new year, people make resolutions. For most, it encompasses their health, such as losing weight and exercising. Others are determined to make new friends, read more books, or get organized. For homeowners, another resolution that could help them enjoy their lives more is to resolve to have a termite-free home. These wood-chewing pests are silent home wreckers. They gnaw on the inner sanctums of a house twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. They cause billions of dollars of damage yearly in the United States and frustrate many homeowners. By choosing to develop new habits, including regular termite inspections of your Pleasanton home, you can accomplish this resolution.
7 New Habits to Thwart Termite Infestations
Don’t be like many who make resolutions they don’t keep. Make this the year that you enjoy a home free from termite infestations. Stay committed to these new habits and contact a qualified pest control company to thwart any infestations:
- Eliminate any standing water. Termites love moisture. If you have spots of standing water, for example, in your crawl space, they will find it. Moisture is a perfect environment for them. They will seek it out, find ways into your interior walls, and begin munching.
- Repair water leaks. Another area for moisture is leaky pipes. That slow leak under your bathtub or sink raises your water bill and encourages unwanted guests to move in and take up residence.
- Look for cracks, gaps, and holes to seal up. The most diminutive entrance is a wide gate for termites to enter. You want to seal any cracks, gaps, and holes to turn your home into Fort Knox for bugs. They will be less likely to invade your abode if they don’t have an easy entry point.
- Store wood and cardboard away from your foundation. Since termites love cellulose, they will chow down on anything that contains it. This includes the cardboard you may keep handy to start a fire. Keeping wood and cardboard on a raised platform away from your home’s foundation is ideal.
- Keep a well-maintained lawn. Woodboring bugs, like termites, will start by infesting downed trees and limbs. They will even enjoy the mulch in your flow beds. Remove dead trees and decaying stumps, and don’t let limbs and leaves touch your home. Make sure you keep them at least three feet away.
- Declutter your house. Was getting organized on your list of resolutions? A great reason to make this one happen is to stop infestations. If a termite invades your home, they may start nibbling on the stacks of magazines and cardboard boxes you store.
- Schedule regular termite inspections. The best way to keep your home termite-free is to hire a qualified pest control company to conduct regular termite inspections. They will look over every inch of your home and offer treatment plans to eradicate these pests. It can save you thousands of dollars each year.
Your Termite-Free Home Starts with an In-depth Inspection
Be the first in your circle to accomplish your New Year’s resolution by having Times Up Termite complete a termite inspection of your Pleasanton home. Our technicians are well-qualified to look for signs of infestation and offer suitable treatments, including the eco-friendly, reduced-risk insecticide Altriset, a good choice for homes with children, pets, or pregnant moms. They may also recommend BASF’s bait monitoring and bait stations to terminate the wood-chewing insects. Are you ready for a termite-free home? Call us today!
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection and book a termite treatment in Pleasanton.