What You Should Know About Inspecting Condos and Duplexes
Annually, homeowners spend billions of dollars in termite treatment in Berkeley and repairs of termite infestations. Termites do not discriminate and will eat all types of cellulous regardless of the type of property. Termites frequently infest condos and duplexes in addition to single-family homes, mobile homes, commercial buildings, etc.
Shared walls make it easier for termites to travel from one unit to the next. Subterranean termites that live in the ground can enter through expansion joints between two slabs, making it simpler to attack more than one unit at a time. Since they stay hidden, discovering termite damage is difficult.
When you contact Times Up Termite, Inc., our licensed professionals can inspect your condo, assess the damage, and tailor a termite treatment service in Berkeley. Getting rid of pests in your condo can be tricky. We can help.
Termite Control Consideration for Condos and Duplexes
Most Home Owner’s Associations have a clause in their Covenants, Conditions, and Restrictions detailing who is responsible for treating termites. It can be a complicated relationship, so be sure to read your CCRs thoroughly.
- Handling Treatment When Your HOA is Responsible – If your HOA is in charge of treating termites, you must depend on their decision. For example, say they want to fumigate, but you do not, they can go ahead and fumigate. On the other hand, if you want to use tenting and they will only cover local treatments, their decision takes precedence.
- Handling Treatment When Your HOA is Not Responsible – If your HOA is not responsible for treating termites, then you can do as you choose…with an exception:
Termites, Neighbors, and Shared Walls – If you want to utilize tenting, you have to do the entire building, not just part of it. If your neighbors are against the idea, then you will need to work with them or choose a different form of treatment.
Types of Termite Treatment
There are a few different ways to treat termites in your condo or duplex in Berkeley.
- Tenting – This treatment uses the physical gas sulfuryl fluoride to rid your home of Termite Inspection San Ramon. It leaves no residue; however, you have to seal any food or liquid to prevent contamination.
- Foam Termiticide – We use Termidor Fipronil; this product is used for local treatments of subterranean and dry wood termites.
- Termidor Dry and Altriset are both products we use for localized termite treatment in berkeley.
Termite Control in Berkeley by A Company You Can Trust
For more than 20 years, the professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. have helped condo owners in the Oakland, Berkeley, Castro Valley, and Fremont areas rid their units of these damaging pests and protect their investment.
Contact us at 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experts at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also request a free termite inspection.