5 Common Myths About Termites – Useful Information from Your Trusted Fremont Termite Control Company
We have all heard them – those wives tales and rhymes that have us thinking twice before we step on a crack just in case it may break someone’s back. Over the years, myths and legends have crept into our thinking giving many false impressions on how life operates. For example, if you pull out one gray hair, two will take its place, or spilling salt will bring back luck.
Termites have similar myths placed on them. The result is a misunderstanding of the wood-boring beasts, including their contribution to Mother Nature. When these pests come munching on your home and possessions, get the assistance of the termite control professionals from Times Up Termite. We understand the enemy and can quickly and effectively rid your Fremont home from these bugs.
5 Termite Myths Debunked
Not all ideas about termites are the same. Learn from these common myths, so you, too, can learn the enemy’s ways:
- Termites are related to ants. In reality, these wood-eating bugs are cousins to the cockroach. You will be disappointed if you try treating these insects like a carpenter ant.
- Since there are a lot of trees and mulch near my home, I don’t have to worry about an infestation. Not true. Termites are voracious eaters. Even with plenty of trees and decaying wood to choose from, they are always in search of new food sources, like your home.
- My home is made of brick. They cannot infest it.In reality,most homes still have a wooden frame upon which bricks are laid. Additionally, these bugs will eat anything with cellulose such as drywall, wallpaper, and wooden furniture. All it takes is a tiny crack in the concrete for an invasion to occur.
- Using a DIY treatment will do the trick. While it is normal to want to take matters into your own hands, that is not ideal in every situation, especially when up against a termite colony. Surface insecticides only kill what you can see. They do not get rid of the queen who is continually reproducing progeny.
- We treated our home when we built it in the 70s. That should be good enough. Nothing lasts forever, including pest control solutions. To ensure that your home is safe, call in a professional who knows the signs of an infestation and has the equipment to take care of the job properly.
Protect Your Home and Family with Help from Fremont’s Trusted Termite Control Company
Avoid letting myths and wives’ tales prevent you from taking the necessary measures to protect your family’s house. Enlist the help of the licensed professionals from Times Up Termite, Inc. Since 1991, we have been helping Fremont homeowners like you get rid of these wood-boring invaders. We also service the Oakland, Castro Valley, and Berkley areas. We offer free termite inspections and work with you to establish a tailored plan to keep these pests away.
Give us a call at 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experts at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection in Fremont.