When you know what you are up against, it is possible to prepare and mitigate potential damage. We have spent some time getting back to the basics of termites. We have explored the different types that exist, their life cycle, behaviors and habits, reproductive cycle, and what they eat. These wood-chewing menaces live to reproduce, eat wood, and do it all over again. You don’t need them terrorizing your home and family.
Take steps to keep these pests away. Get a free termite inspection of your Union City home from Times Up Termite. Our technicians are highly trained and capable of spotting potential infestations others might miss. Avoid having to fork over hundreds or thousands of dollars for repairs in the future by starting a preventative treatment plan today.
Warning Signs of a Possible Termite Infestation
Finding out your home is infested with termites can be very stressful. However, there are a few tell-tale signs that may indicate these bugs are making a buffet out of your rafters:
- A temporary swarm of winged insects
- Discarded wings
- Cracked or bubbling paint
- Frass (termite droppings)
- Hollow sounding wood when tapped
- Mud tubes found on exterior walls, wooden beams, and crawl spaces
How to Prevent a Termite Infestation
Just because you find some wings doesn’t mean that your home is under invasion. But, it just might be. It will take a little bit of work on your part to prepare your home to beat the enemy:
- Start with eliminating moisture:
- Make needed repairs to leaking faucets, water pipes, and air conditioning units.
- Ensure water is whisked away from your home’s foundation.
- Conduct regular cleaning of all gutters and downspouts.
- Remove excess plants and wood mulch near your home’s foundation.
- Keep your vents clear and open for good airflow.
- Seal points of entry for water and utility lines.
- Remember to remove food sources:
- Get rid of any firewood or lumber from your foundation or crawl space.
- Remove stumps and other debris near your home.
- Add screens to your outside vents.
- Inspect your deck and wooden fences for damage.
- Make sure any wood in your home does not come in contact with the soil.
Make Your Defense a Good Offense with Help from Times Up Termite
Shore up your home to avoid a potential infestation by removing moisture from your home and eliminating food sources. This is only the beginning. Contact Times Up Termite about a free termite inspection from our capable and licensed technicians. We look over every nook and cranny for evidence of the wood chewing invaders. Then we devise a treatment plan that keeps the bugs at bay. We have several options, including Altriset, an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide. If you are looking for an excellent choice for homes with children, pets, or pregnant moms, consider Altriset. Give us a call to find out more.
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection in Union City.