February is the month of love. It is also a reminder that spring is around the corner, and as the earth renews itself with blossoms, many animals start giving birth. One image that may come to mind is a famous cartoon movie of a little deer and his friends. As they grow older, spring comes about, and they become enamoured with those of the opposite gender. In short, they become twitter-taped as they find their ‘mate.’ Termites go through a similar cycle. When they do, your San Ramon home is at risk. You can thwart this species from turning your rafters and floor joists into a honeymoon suite with a preventative termite inspection.
The wood-boring pests can bring calamity and upset the most peaceful of homes and families. Times Up Termite has the experience to seek out these house wreckers and bring love, joy, and peace back. Contact us anytime to see evidence, or better yet, set up regularly scheduled inspections to make sure everything stays as it should.
How Swarming Works
Termites are social creatures. They live in colonies that support one another in their functions. Eventually, they get too large and break off. That’s when the swarming season begins. Here is a breakdown of the process:
- The Colony Matures: It takes about three years before a colony can produce swarmers capable of reproducing. Once this happens, it’s time to split the family and multiply from afar. Not all termite colonies mature at the same time, but some start at three years.
- The Swarmers Fly Away: The alate nymphs, or reproductives, take flight and head out searching for a new, suitable location to build a new colony.
- The King and Queen Meet: The females will release hormones that entice a mate. Once paired, they break off their wings and begin their family. This is when you may see leftover wings in your windows.
- Queen Lays Eggs: The queen will spend the rest of her life laying eggs. She could lay up to one million before she dies, and death may not come for 30 years.
- The Colony Matures: Sounds like a repeat, doesn’t it? We have now come full circle with the colony getting too big, so it needs to break off into smaller units, again.
Hire a Reliable Pest Control Company – Choose Times Up Termite
Stop the pest’s reproductive cycle in its tracks to save your home. Hire the dependable team at Times Up Termite for a termite inspection and eradication of any colonies found. We will come in, identify the type of bug eating your house, and offer you suggestions for bringing tranquility back to your abode. We offer many options, including the eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide, Altriset. It is an excellent choice if you have children, pets, or pregnant moms in your house. Let us explain more when you give us a call today.