We all give reasons for not finishing something. For example, you may start on an exercise routine that requires you to get up early, but you stop because you think you need more sleep. You put off getting the oil changed in your car because you don’t have time to sit at the service shop. The problem is, procrastination often gets you into trouble. Take termites. These pesky critters eat non-stop and destroy homes across the U.S., but people still have reasons not to get an inspection. People will push off an assessment until it costs them money in termite treatments or, worse, a home remodel. Trusting the expertise of a quality pest control company for thorough care of your Alameda home is a step in keeping your home safe.
5 Reasons People Give to Avoid a Termite Inspection
Here are some common excuses people provide to avoid a termite inspection:
- It takes too much time. An inspection of your entire home (Interior, exterior and crawlspace under the house) can take from 1-2 hours, depending on how big your property is and how easily the technician can access what they need. You have to be present, so you might have to take some time off work. Instead of considering it a waste of time, look at the benefits of thwarting the damage the wood-boring pests do.
- It costs too much money. It depends on what you consider too much money. Compared to the cost of termite treatment and rehabilitating your Alameda home to eliminate the damage, a termite inspection is a bargain. Putting up new walls, drywall, or fixing a foundation can cost thousands of dollars that you may not have available.
- I will have to clean my house. Some people feel they need to do a deep clean before they have company. You don’t have to do that for a termite inspection. Usually, you need to make sure nothing is in the way of the technician’s ability to access your attic and crawl space—no need to do spring cleaning before our crew arrives!
- I don’t see any bugs. Termites eat wood from the inside out and travel via mud tubes, so you won’t see them. These pests bore through wooden structures, eventually rendering the material weak. You may never know you have a problem until it is too late. However, inspections catch infestations in their early stages.
- I’m not selling, so I don’t need one. Regular inspections help keep your home in excellent shape so that you don’t have a costly surprise when you sell. Prospective buyers do not want to purchase a home with termites. Banks won’t lend the money until the problem is addressed through professional termite treatment. You will potentially face a lower home value and have less negotiation room if an infestation is discovered.
Choose a Quality Pest Control Company to Protect Your Investment
Make regular inspections and any recommended termite treatments a priority, and enjoy your Alameda home for many years. The team at Times Up Termite offers solutions for those times when termites try to take over. One option is called Altriset, an eco-friendly, reduced-risk pesticide. We recommend this for homes with children, pets, or pregnant moms. We may also suggest Trelona bait traps from BASF, a superb product to rid your home of termites and avoid further damage. No more excuses for putting off termite wrangling. Contact us today!
Call 510-568-7200 to speak with our team of experienced, licensed professionals at Times Up Termite, Inc. You can also contact us online to request a free termite inspection in Alameda.